[aur-general] AUR Best Practice for New Package Upload

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Tue Sep 16 13:29:21 UTC 2014

* Nuno Araujo <nuno.araujo at russo79.com> [2014-09-16 13:42:24 +0200]:
> For the exercice, I packaged the application, and you can find the
> result here [1] (in the masshash directory).
> Feel free to inspire yourself, or simply to take it as it is if you
> wish.
> Try to study it and feel free to ask any questions you want about it.
>
> [1]
> https://cloud.russo79.com/public.php?service=files&t=f00d660f9ae6001dd09276e960a02e9d

Some suggestions for your PKGBUILD:

- You could use $pkgver inside sources=() so you don't always have to
  adjust the version number in two places.

- You should really quote $pkgdir and $srcdir properly:
  http://mywiki.wooledge.org/Quotes
  Your PKGBUILD will break when someone uses it inside a path
  with spaces in it.

Florian

             GPG 0xFD55A072 | http://the-compiler.org/pubkey.asc