[aur-general] Renaming 'chromium-browser-bin' and 'chromium-nightly'

Det nimetonmaili at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 05:41:58 UTC 2015

Helloooo, and happy April Fools, folks!

As you know, we have a long history with a package called
'chromium-browser-bin', [1] which provides the Chromium Continuous
builds that are essentially (to some degree) automatically tested
Chromium Snapshot builds [2] [3]. It has now come under my
maintainership, and undergone some major changes, but the final obstacle
remains the most important piece: the very name of the package.

This concerns 'chromium-nightly' [4] as well, which provides the
aforementioned Chromium Snapshots.

My personal pool of suggestions is as follows:

- chromium-continuous
- chromium-continuous-bin
- chromium-nightly
- chromium-nightly-bin (only 3 packages follow this scheme [5])
- chromium-snapshot
- chromium-snapshot-bin

I would preferer omitting the '-bin', but I understand, if people feel
that it's important to point out.

[1] = https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/chromium-browser-bin/
[2] = http://build.chromium.org/p/chromium
[3] =