[aur-general] AUR activity log?

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 18:07:57 UTC 2015

Em 12-08-2015 15:01, Doug Newgard escreveu:
> On the contrary, this is exactly the mechanism for that. You disown a package
> so that someone else can adopt it. Why else would you disown a package?

Let me rephrase it. Disowning a package isn't the mechanism for allowing
others to maintain a package, if you still need/use/care for it.
Co-maintainer functionality is for that. There were people on the old
AUR that would disown a package so that someone else could update it,
and then disown it again, and so on. This should end.

> Sure they can, why wouldn't they be?

If someone adopt it. When they are in orphaned status, they can't. But,
then again, if someone adopt it, then it wouldn't be deleted, and we
wouldn't be having this discussion.

Cheers,
Giancarlo Razzolini