[aur-general] PKGBUILD Critique

stef204 stef204 at yandex.com
Wed Feb 11 10:47:47 UTC 2015

10.02.2015, 22:22, "Florian Bruhin" <me at the-compiler.org>:

> - Is it really a good idea to check /etc/locale.conf? Wouldn't
>   something like   [[ ${LANG,,} == *utf-8* ]]   be more appropriate?

correcting my last reply to you regarding locale.connf and $LANG.

/etc/locale.conf is what sets the $LANG parameter.

from the installation wiki:

<https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Installation_guide#Configure_the_system>

"Set locale preferences in /etc/locale.conf and possibly $HOME/.config/locale.conf:

# echo LANG=your_locale > /etc/locale.conf"

So, if one has set $LANG via $HOME/.config/locale.conf ; the PKGBUILD would not be dong its job properly, correct? (assuming $HOME/.config/locale.conf and /etc/locale.conf do NOT match.)

Thus, I believe you are correct and checking $LANG might be more appropriate.  Does everyone agree?