[aur-general] [AUR4] Unsure whether to adopt, wait for maintainer to re-upload, and/or merge packages

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 16:26:31 UTC 2015

Em 14-07-2015 12:26, ShadowKyogre escreveu:
> I was planning to wait until August to make a decision, but, like the 
> title says, I'm not sure whether I should just submit updated packages 
> on the AUR4 that point to the same sources as magicseteditor-mtg, wait 
> for elegua to re-upload the packages for magicseteditor-mtg*, or 
> upload the second set of links and add elegua as a contributor to make 
> sure he still has write rights. I originally orphaned the first two 
> links because I was thinking that elegua might be interested in 
> merging it into the packages he uploaded so there aren't duplicate 
> packages floating around. 
I was faced with same decision yesterday. The original submitter of the 
tinyssh package didn't migrated to AUR4. I've contacted him by e-mail 
and he not only updated the packaged, as he made me his co-maintainer. I 
know people had warnings and all, but it wont hurt to be polite and ask.

Giancarlo Razzolini

More information about the aur-general mailing list