[aur-general] [AUR4] Unsure whether to adopt, wait for maintainer to re-upload, and/or merge packages

ShadowKyogre shadowkyogre.public at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 16:45:05 UTC 2015

On 07/14/2015 09:26 AM, Giancarlo Razzolini wrote:
> Em 14-07-2015 12:26, ShadowKyogre escreveu:
>> I was planning to wait until August to make a decision, but, like the 
>> title says, I'm not sure whether I should just submit updated 
>> packages on the AUR4 that point to the same sources as 
>> magicseteditor-mtg, wait for elegua to re-upload the packages for 
>> magicseteditor-mtg*, or upload the second set of links and add elegua 
>> as a contributor to make sure he still has write rights. I originally 
>> orphaned the first two links because I was thinking that elegua might 
>> be interested in merging it into the packages he uploaded so there 
>> aren't duplicate packages floating around. 
> I was faced with same decision yesterday. The original submitter of 
> the tinyssh package didn't migrated to AUR4. I've contacted him by 
> e-mail and he not only updated the packaged, as he made me his 
> co-maintainer. I know people had warnings and all, but it wont hurt to 
> be polite and ask.
> Cheers,
> Giancarlo Razzolini
Decided to email the submitter yesterday. Should I wait for a response 
for about a week?

- ShadowKyogre

More information about the aur-general mailing list