[aur-general] Doubts about Java {,bindings} packages

Giovanni Santini giovannisantini93 at yahoo.it
Wed Jul 15 12:27:16 UTC 2015

Hello everybody,
I just wanted to share some doubts about some packages cointaining Java
libraries.
As I noticed that some  official packages that usually ships Java
libraries upstream (for binding or common usage) haven't such files in
official PKGBUILDs/packages, I had to edit the official PKGBUILD in
order to build also Java files.
The actual packages I'm referring to are opencv[1] and gettext[2], for
which I've created {opencv,gettext}-java (see [3],[4]).
My doubts are the following:
- As my packages are just some files that are missed from the official
packages because of a missing 'java-environment' makedependency, should
I open an issue in the bug tracker asking for the addition of the Java
libraries?
- Is it fine to host some files on AUR packages that are expected to be
in the official packages?
- Actually, for splitting already present packages and Java ones (the
ones that aren't in official packages), I made a really simple but dirty
thing; I made that 'make install' put files in '$srcdir/temp' and then I
copy the files I need with a 'cp /path/to/file $pkgdir/path/in/os/to/file'.
I tried creating a directory with something like 'mktemp -d -p $srcdir'
but during package(), every temporary directory variable (made with
'tmpdir=$(mktemp -d -p $srcdir)') is lost and I can't create any
directory (because we are in the fakeroot environment).
I have no ideas for making this in a cleaner way, so I hope it is fine
to do so; if someone has some suggestions, please tell me.

TL;DR
Should I ask to add this libraries in official packages or doing my AUR
packages?