[aur-general] AUR4 migration of orphan packages

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 15:10:08 UTC 2015

On 09-06-2015 08:17, Jesse McClure wrote:
> Agreed.  All the packages that no one carries over to aur4 will still be
> archived for some time, so if anyone*actually*  wants them in aur4, they can
> adopt them.  One can keep their own store of PKGBUILDs, but the aur is for
> packages that it is likely multiple users will want.  If not even*one*  person
> wants a package enough to maintain it in the aur, then it doesn't need to be
> there.
I have adopted some packages, created a few more, but I think that this
migration should serve the purpose of cleansing the database. We already
have orphans on aur4 and that is unacceptable. Migrate a package and
then orphan it is not ideal and we will end up having the same number of
orphans as we already have.

Cheers,
Giancarlo Razzolini