[aur-general] Error on trying to migrate 2 python packages

Eduardo Machado eduardo.machado at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 02:51:20 UTC 2015

> Le 25/06/2015 19:18, Eduardo Machado a écrit :
> >
> >> What I am seeing on AUR3 is that you are the maintainer of python2
> >> -sievelib and python2-rrdtool.  Are you sure that you mean those
> >> packages rather than python-sievelib and python-rrdtool?
> >>
> >> I would also take out the python 3 parts of the package because they
> >> don't seem to be necessary.
> >>
> >> Mark Weiman
> >>
> > Indeed it is the case, but i can't update the repositories in AUR4.
> > it doesn't matter if i try to use the python-pack or python2-pack.
> >
> > The packages are python2 only compliant, BUT i used a template that use
> > a pkgbase and build python 2 and 3 with one PKGBUILD, and i accidently
> > didn't removed the pkgbase for this two packages.
> >
> > I am thinking that the template i used is misleading AUR4 to an error,
> and
> > it does not allow to push the package files.
> > I tried cloning python-rrdtool and python2-rrdtool, and then tried to
> > update then, without success...
> >
> > Is there anything i can do to test if it is the case?
>
> Since you’ve use a pkgbase variable, this one should replace pkgname in
> all AUR instructions. Maybe some note about this should be added
> somewhere. Can you tell us exactly what commands did you run and what
> output you got?
>
> Bruno

The error has gone!
I really don't know what changed, but now the SAME PKGBUILD files from AUR
are getting pushed to the AUR4 without any modification.
I think something was updated in AUR4...

just in case, the error was this:

$ git push origin master -v
Pushing to ssh+git://aur4.archlinux.org/python2-rrdtool.git/
Counting objects: 4, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (4/4), done.
Writing objects: 100% (4/4), 1.10 KiB | 0 bytes/s, done.
Total 4 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: error: cannot overwrite package: python2-rrdtool
remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/master
To ssh+git://aur4.archlinux.org/python2-rrdtool.git/
 ! [remote rejected] master -> master (hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh+git://
aur4.archlinux.org/python2-rrdtool.git/'