[aur-general] Problem with python versions when building iojs package

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Tue May 5 14:07:56 UTC 2015

Hi,

* Alexandre Ferrando <alferpal at gmail.com> [2015-05-05 15:58:02 +0200]:
> The package was able to build as a copy and adapt from the nodejs package
> from the repos, until 1.8.1, but now it doesn't build because what I think
> is some kind of python version mismatch [ 0 ], but I don't know python.

This looks like node-gyp is calling Python:

    gyp: Call to 'python -c "import sys; print sys.byteorder"'
    returned exit status 1. while loading dependencies of
    /dev/shm/iojs/src/iojs-v2.0.0/node.gyp while trying to load
    /dev/shm/iojs/src/iojs-v2.0.0/node.gyp

According to https://www.npmjs.com/package/node-gyp#installation you
can select the Python version using the --python argument to node-gyp.

I don't see it invoked from the PKGBUILD directly, so I guess you'll
need to find the file where it's invoked and patch that to pass that
argument.

Florian