[aur-general] [RFC] Draft of the AUR 4.0.0 migration notification

brent timothy saner brent.saner at gmail.com
Mon May 25 01:05:22 UTC 2015

On 05/24/2015 07:29 PM, Marcel Korpel wrote:
> * brent saner <brent.saner at gmail.com> (Sun, 24 May 2015 19:12:57 -0400):
>> just wanted to throw this in there, used mksrcinfo and uploaded my
>> packages to aur4's git system last night.  seemed to work pretty well
>> but the git hooks choked a bit on a split PKGBUILD.
>
> Which one?

https://aur4.archlinux.org/pkgbase/nquake/

[master (root-commit) 6ffd60f] initial commit/convert from AUR3
 4 files changed, 293 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 .SRCINFO
 create mode 100644 PKGBUILD
 create mode 100644 nquake-base.install
 create mode 100644 nquake-generic.install
Counting objects: 6, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (6/6), done.
Writing objects: 100% (6/6), 4.41 KiB | 0 bytes/s, done.
Total 6 (delta 1), reused 0 (delta 0)
To ssh+git://aur@aur4.archlinux.org/nquake.git/
 * [new branch]      master -> master
[master (root-commit) 9b5d933] initial commit/convert from AUR3
 4 files changed, 116 insertions(+)
 create mode 100644 .SRCINFO
 create mode 100644 PKGBUILD
 create mode 100644 nquake.install
 create mode 100644 nquake.launcher
Counting objects: 6, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (6/6), done.
Writing objects: 100% (6/6), 2.08 KiB | 0 bytes/s, done.
Total 6 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: error: The following error occurred when parsing commit
remote: error: 9b5d9338adf57fdf04cd1b5a254b6254f1b5ad4c:
remote: error: invalid pkgbase: nquake
remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/master

>> additionally, i accidentally created a repo with a typo- is there a
>> way to remove that? i didn't seem to find one.
>
> It's probably the same as with current AUR: upload a new package and
> file a merge request.

Gotcha; so i'd have to generate a dummy PKGBUILD and SRCINFO and then
request a deletion. Bit of a pain, but no more of a hassle than the
current stable AUR, agreed.

> But for now, I think it's not necessary, as the new site will be wiped
> before the mail will be sent, as far as I did understand earlier mails
> about AUR 4.0.0. Or isn't it?
>
> Best,
> Marcel

I'd have to check again- anyone else know off the top of their head if
this is true?