[aur-general] [aur-dev] [PRQ#4382] Deletion Request for b43-firmware

Xavion xavion.0 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 07:31:53 UTC 2015

If we wish to continue using the word "file" in this context, "File
Request" should be changed to "File a Request".  This would prevent native
English speakers from misinterpreting our use of "file" as a noun.

Having said that, I still feel that "lodge" is a more appropriate term in
this situation.  The main reason, and I hope you're concentrating this time
Mark, is that there's no double meaning (i.e. noun vs verb).

For people who don't like "Lodge a Request", there's always "Make a
Request".  In fact, I imagine most similar websites would use the latter
term in preference to either of the two mentioned alternatives.

Regardless, clinging to the textbook and saying that nothing needs to be
changed is too rigid and impractical.  We're not doing a maths test here!
This is all about practicality and cutting down on confusion.