[aur-general] [aur-dev] [PRQ#4382] Deletion Request for b43-firmware

Joakim Hernberg jhernberg at alchemy.lu
Sun Nov 22 12:14:57 UTC 2015

On Sun, 22 Nov 2015 01:39:05 +0100
Johannes Löthberg <johannes at kyriasis.com> wrote:

> Hardly better. "File a Request" would be better though, but I don't
> feel like rebuilding the translation catalogues, so I'll let Lukas
> change it.

I'll add my 2 cents to the flames ;)

Seems to me that "File a request" would satisfy all concerned and
be more correct semantically than "File Request", though I doubt it
will stop confused users from clicking on it..

FWIW, though my English is pretty good, I still spent a second or two
contemplating what the link really meant the first time I saw it.  To
be pedantic, there are several that could be improved grammatically,
though this is the only confusing one, the use of capitals could also
be made more consistent.

Possibly one could remove "File Request", and replace it with 3
links: "File a deletion request", "File an orphan request" and "File a
merge request".  The space is there, and I suppose that this would
remove any possible confusion of its usage.

--

   Joakim