[aur-general] Name for an (almost) fake package

Jiachen Yang farseerfc at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 02:55:26 UTC 2016

> I'd like to package another version of the AUR package android-sdk (
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/android-sdk/), but without any content
> in `/opt/android-sdk`, solely for managing package dependency and misc
> files such as icon, desktop file and profile script. The real content of
> the package should be managed by user itself under `/opt/android-sdk`,
> outside of pacman. (This is a preference for some users like me.)
>
> Since it does not come with most of the package content, should I call it
> `android-sdk-fake`? But since it does come with the depenencies and misc
> files, it is not a "really fake" package. Should I go with
> `android-sdk-almost-fake` or something like that?

My suggestion is to call it `android-sdk-dummy` to keep align with
`systemd-dummy`, `texlive-dummy` and `dropbox-dummy`. These two packages
only provides package dependency and let the user to install the real
contents outside of pacman.

> --
> 张海
> 浙江大学 计算机科学与技术
> Blog: http://blog.zhanghai.me/
> Github: https://github.com/DreaminginCodeZH

Jiachen Yang 楊嘉晨
Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, Osaka University
Tel:   080-3853-2770
MSN:   firechildren at hotmail.com
GMail: farseerfc at gmail.com