[aur-general] Help needed to update Arch_User_Repository Wiki - Was: Invisible packages? Can't find in aurweb but avaliable on git

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Mar 22 20:30:01 UTC 2016

On Tue, 22 Mar 2016 15:20:54 -0400, Eli Schwartz wrote:
>The git repos of deleted AUR packages are not purged

and this is wanted, to get back old PKGBUILDs, but it also comes
with pitfalls:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Talk:Arch_User_Repository#How_do_I_find_out_if_any_of_my_installed_packages_disappeared_from_AUR.3F

Perhaps somebody is able to provide a faster solution, than the "curl"
approach, without building on AUR helpers.

Yesterday when somebody posted
https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2016-March/032167.html
I noticed that the Wiki still mentioned "File Request", even while we
had a long thread about misunderstanding "File Request" and it was
changed to "Submit Request".

On the Arch general mailing list somebody else opened this tread:
https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2016-March/040986.html

We perhaps should at least maintain/update Wikis about fundamental
Arch Linux topics.

2 Cents,
Ralf