[aur-general] Trusted User application

Bartłomiej Piotrowski bpiotrowski at archlinux.org
Fri Mar 17 10:32:59 UTC 2017

On 2017-03-16 22:02, m4sk1n at vivaldi.net wrote:
> Hello,
>  I'm Marcin Mikołajczak (on AUR 'm4sk1n') and I would like to become Arch User Repository Trusted User.
>  I was born in Poland in 2001. I am Arch Linux user for about one year. I have recommended it to some people, a lot of them have switched from Windows to Manjaro. I understand bash scripting. Now I spend a lot of time on learning C++. Currently I'm maintainer of 5 packages in AUR and I can take care of more of them. The current ones are 'xnots-git', 'otter-browser-weekly', 'otter-browser-git' and two Xfce components (git checkout). I'm working on Polish translations of some open source projects (like Xfce, WINE, Otter Browser...). Of source I know how to use Git.
>  My main non-technical interest is music, mainly electronic.
>  If I become a TU I would like to push 'otter-browser' package to [community] repo. I would also adopt some packages, maybe music-related?
>  Best way to contact me is IRC (freenode, as m4sk1n, I'm on 'arch-linux', 'arch-linux-aur' and 'arch-linux-newbie').
>  That's all, thanks for reading it,
> Best regards,
>  m4sk1n

Marcin,

As described in our bylaws, your application has to be sponsored by
another Trusted User. As apparently nobody on our IRC channel knows you,
it makes me think that you didn't really read it[1].

5 packages that are development releases or git checkouts isn't
impressive. You said that you would like to move stable otter-browser to
repositories, but what besides it? "Some packages" is too vague to infer
anything.

Don't give up though, keep packaging and one day someone will be happy
to sponsor you.

Bartłomiej

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/trusted-user/TUbylaws.html