[aur-general] aur-out-of-date: determine out-of-date AUR packages w.r.t. upstream

Simon Legner simon.legner at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 19:43:00 UTC 2018

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 5:44 PM, Eli Schwartz via aur-general
<aur-general at archlinux.org> wrote:
> This looks quite cool!

Thanks :)

> 1) How does this handle PKGBUILDs that, say, have their homepage on
> github, but do not tag releases there -- because :( :( :( -- and instead
> push releases to PyPI or npmjs or something?

This should work: unless a version can be determined from the upstream
URL, the first source URL is used for a second attempt. I haven't
tested the described situation, though.

> 2) It looks like your AUR package is downloading a source tarball, then
> completely ignoring it by using go get and downloading the bleeding-edge
> master. I'm not really sure how this crazy language handles packaging :p
> but I think *maybe* you should be cloning
> git+https://github.com/simon04/$pkgname.git#tag=v$pkgver and symlinking
> "$srcdir/$pkgname" --> "$srcdir/src/github.com/simon04/aur-out-of-date/"

You're right. I hopefully fixed that in aur-out-of-date 0.6.0-2

Simon