[aur-general] TU (re-)Application

Christian Rebischke Chris.Rebischke at archlinux.org
Mon Feb 12 09:36:24 UTC 2018

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 03:03:32AM -0600, Brad Fanella via aur-general wrote:
> > It's been around in some incarnation since 2007, and you have a
> > filled-in profile at
> > https://www.archlinux.org/people/trusted-user-fellows/#bfanella
> >
> > So I assumed you must have at one point had access to it, even if
> > it's
> > been long enough that you have forgotten and/or lost track -- I'm not
> > sure offhand what precise role it had at all stages Arch's history.
>
> Thanks for the help/advice Eli. If I remember correctly, my profile was
> filled out by sending the various pieces of information to an
> administrator for posting on the site. If I do in fact have access to
> archweb, it's not something I could easily get into unfortunately.
>
> I can also prove ownership of the email account (bradfanella at archlinux.
> us) that I sent my original application from in 2010, if that
> corroborates my claim.

Hello everybody,
I kind of feel uncomfortable with this. I think that somebody who has
resigned, is not able to sign his mails and seems to ignore requests of
doing so, should apply over the normal way like all others do. That
would just be fair to all newcomers. If I get this right there is no
reliable verification possible for his identity. We should really add a
rule for re-application in our TU-Bylaws.

Just my 2 cents,

Chris