[aur-general] Please remove gsmartcontrol-svn package from AUR

Simon Doppler dopsi at dopsi.ch
Wed Feb 14 14:46:35 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 14 February 2018 15:29:29 CET Eli Schwartz via aur-general
wrote:
> > "Could you please remove this package? I keep getting bug reports for
> > it, but the thing is, the SVN version is not intended for public
> > consumption at all."
> [...]
> - If it means "I don't like to be bothered by bugreports because I
>   consider nothing to be official unless I make a stable release, and I
>   would rather discover the issue myself", then there is no reason to
>   stop people from running perfectly good development software that has
>   been publicly published. And the developer should just tell people his
>   preferences on the support page where he leaves his email-based bug
>   reporting instructions.

In this case, he should not publish the development code anyway, since nothing
will stop users from submitting bug reports for development code (whether it
is mail based bug reporting, mailing list based, using Git{hub,lab,*}-style
issues or an actual bugtracker).

--
Simon Doppler (dopsi)
E: dopsi at dopsi.ch