[aur-general] Account Suspended, No Reason Given

Ian Douglas Scott ian at iandouglasscott.com
Sun Nov 4 06:43:22 UTC 2018

Quoting shoober420 via aur-general (2018-11-03 22:19:45)
> in this discussion, someone accusing me of not contacting the
> "sdl2-hg" package maintainer, and trying to use that against me, when
> I for certain did over half a year ago, AND flagged the lib32-sdl2-hg
> package in the same time frame. He obviously orphaned it, no question.

I don't know if anyone else mentioned that, but when I did I wasn't
trying to use it against you. I was just suggesting it as a reason not
to accept the orphan request.

Looking at the comments on sdl2-hg, the last comment by the maintainer
and the last update of the package is 2017-04-24. Then there's a comment
by someone else, and a comment by you on 2018-11-01, a couple days ago,
the same date the package was flagged out of date (presumably by you).

I suppose you contacted the maintainer by email? That's fine, but you
should have mentioned it in the orphan request. Otherwise the person
reviewing the request had no way of knowing that.

Basically, the problem in this case, regardless of any previous history
on the forum, is that you didn't provide any explanation of why the
package should be orphaned in the orphan request. Nor does looking at
the comment thread make it clear the why the package should be orphaned.

The TU closing the request could arguably have given more of a reason,
but essentially they gave as much of a reason to close the request as
you included in the request for why the package should be orphaned.