[aur-general] Package present in aur-git, but not in the aur

Bruno Pagani bruno.n.pagani at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 14:45:31 UTC 2018

Hi,

Le 11/11/2018 à 15:37, pianoslum via aur-general a écrit :
> Hi at all,
>
> I searched whether elster (a program for German tax declaration) was
> present in the aur (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?K=elster) and
> found out it wasn't. When I finished my own PCKBUILD and tried to
> upload it, I noticed that there already was a git repo with that name
> (ssh://aur@aur.archlinux.org/elster.git).
>
> How can that be?

That means the package existed before and was deleted. We still keep the
git tree even if the package was removed from the web interface (you can
see it here as well: https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/?h=elster).

> While the original script is a meta package only, mine will download
> and install the latest version of the package via wine.
>
> Should I ask for deletion or what could I do?

Clone the existing git tree, do your modifications, commit and then
push. This will restore the package with you as maintainer.

Regards,
Bruno