[aur-general] Questions about some of my packages being adopted in [community]

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Sun Sep 30 03:33:28 UTC 2018

On 9/29/18 11:13 PM, Mike Sampson wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 30, 2018 at 12:32 PM Eli Schwartz via aur-general
> <aur-general at archlinux.org> wrote:
>> Apparently libafterimage was not well-maintained...
>
> I think I was the maintainer of libafterimage. I'm not using Arch
> Linux at the moment so have been very slack with my AUR packages.

Given the package base in question is now deleted, no one can see the
comments, and I cannot tell when this was mentioned.

So I guess your not using Arch anymore is a fairly decent reason for not
fixing something that you were maybe only made aware of recently...

> I'll make an announcement somewhere in case anyone wants to adopt any of
> them. I have some iSCSI related stuff that needs updating at the
> moment.

This announcement would be a good idea, thanks. :)

More generally, if you anticipate returning to Arch and want to still
maintain those packages for the future, you could consider finding
comaintainers. Comaintainers are a fantastic feature and I'm a big fan
of collaboration in the packaging ecosystem. :D

This applies to anyone who is afraid they cannot devote lots of
attention to a package they maintain, for any reason.

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User