[aur-general] TU membership application

Robin Broda arch-ml at coderobe.net
Sat Aug 17 08:13:06 UTC 2019

On 8/16/19 9:19 PM, Jean Lucas via aur-general wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My name is Jean Lucas, and I'm sending this email to submit my candidacy
> for Trusted User member. As per the latest TU bylaws, I'm being
> sponsored by both Alexander Rødseth and Sergej Pupykin.

How many TUs did you ask for sponsorship, and how many declined?
For the record, flacks has approached me a few weeks ago and asked for sponsorship.
I had reviewed his PKGBUILDs and suggested many fixes at the time,
and also explained that I do not think it is time yet to move forward with a TU application.
I offered reviewing his future things, and helping with general mentoring,
however it seems like my offer was not taken - instead you just found someone else
to sponsor you without batting an eye... Off to a great start.

> If I were accepted to become a TU, I'd like to adopt and move the
> following packages (all having over 10 votes in the AUR) from the AUR
> into [community]:
>
> anydesk, downgrade, exercism, flutter, godot, itch, mattermost-desktop,
> nvm, reaper, spotify, teamviewer, thermald, unity-editor, and unityhub,
> for starters!

As explained by others, most of these cannot be moved.
Have you talked to your sponsors about this? What have they said about this?

> Best regards,
>
> Jean Lucas
>

> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/flacks
> [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/log/?h=ghidra-git

xyproto, sergej - have you reviewed this application before?
Given that there hasn't been an ACK from any of you guys after the application was posted, i doubt it...

--
Rob (coderobe)