[aur-general] New package: disklow

Daniel Moch daniel at danielmoch.com
Mon Sep 2 10:57:16 UTC 2019

See my comments inline.

On Mon, Sep 02, 2019 at 10:31:54PM +1200, Holger Jahn wrote:
> Good evening,
>
> If someone would be interested in reviewing my first contribution to Arch,
> disklow, then that would be much appreciated.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Holger
>

> ###
> ### maintainer: holger jahn <holger at loomsday.co.nz>
> ###
>
> pkgname=disklow
> pkgver=1.2
> pkgrel=2
> epoch=

I don't think it hurts anything to keep empty elements like epoch,
groups, etc. in here, but as a matter of taste I prefer to remove them
as I personally find things a bit more readable.

> pkgdesc='Disk space evaluation and notification for servers (think of "disk free" on steroids). Examines mounted file systems and reports the number of used/free/total blocks on screen. Sends email alert if file systems are running low on free disk space. Multiple integrated mail transport options. Quite useful when run via cron.'
> arch=('any')
> url="https://www.loomsday.co.nz/repos/arch/disklow-$pkgver-$pkgrel-any.pkg.tar.xz"
> license=(
>     'GPL'
>     'PerlArtistic'

You'll need to install the PerlArtistic license.

>     )
> groups=()
> depends=(
>     'perl'
>     'perl-filesys-df'
>     'perl-config-general'
>     'perl-mail-sendmail'
>     'perl-net-smtp-ssl'
>     'perl-authen-sasl'
>     )
> makedepends=()
> checkdepends=()
> optdepends=(
>     'msmtp-mta: minimalistic system sendmail command'
>     's-nail: minimalistic system mail command'
>     'cronie: for periodic disk space monitoring'
>     )
> provides=(
>     'disklow'
>     )

Not necessary to specify the package itself in the provides field.

> conflicts=()
> replaces=()
> backup=(
>     'etc/disklow.conf'
>     )
> options=()
> install=
> changelog=
> source=(
>     "$pkgname-$pkgver.tar.gz"

This may be a small tool, but you're not really supposed to host the
source code in the AUR. It should be hosted elsewhere and downloaded.

>     )
> noextract=()
> validpgpkeys=()
>
> package() {
> 	cd "$pkgname-$pkgver"
>     install -m0644 -Dt $pkgdir/etc                          disklow.conf
>     install -m0755 -Dt $pkgdir/usr/bin/                     disklow
>     install -m0644 -Dt $pkgdir/usr/share/doc/disklow        sendmail-setup.txt
>     install -m0644 -Dt $pkgdir/usr/share/man/man1/          disklow.1
>     gzip    -f         $pkgdir/usr/share/man/man1/disklow.1
>     }

Mixing tabs and spaces in formatting is a pet peeve for me. Choose one
and be consistent. Another nit-pick: The closing brace should be
directly underneath the p in package.

> md5sums=('5c2cf37c25f75b680edf1c04122c2fbf')

MD5 is old (and, some would argue, busted). Prefer SHA1, or better,
SHA256.

--
Daniel Moch
daniel at danielmoch.com