[aur-general] updated AUR intel-opencl-runtime, needs gmm/igc updates

Daniel Bermond danielbermond at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 19:18:24 UTC 2020

On 08/07/2020 15:34, Nick Black wrote:
> (i sent this to arch-dev originally by mistake; apologies for
>  any duplicates you might receive)
>
> I took over the quite out-of-date intel-opencl-runtime, and
> updated it from 1:18.1.0.013-2 to the current (released
> 2020-06-04) 1:20.26.17199 from
> https://github.com/intel/compute-runtime/releases/tag/20.26.17199.
> Along the way, I cleaned up the packaging a good deal (IMHO).

This package seems to be a pre-compiled variant (-bin) of repository
intel-compute-runtime. If so, it should be renamed to
intel-compute-runtime-bin.

> Unfortunately, this is not going to fly without an update to two
> packages in community:
>
> https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/intel-gmmlib/
> https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/intel-graphics-compiler/
>
>   gmmlib needs 20.1.1 -> 20.2.2
>   igc needs 1.0.3899 -> 1.0.4241
>
> Until these two are updated, use of intel-opencl-runtime 20.X is
> likely to fail, with errors like the following:
>
>   [grimes](0) $ clinfo
>   Abort was called at 42 line in file:
>   ../neo/shared/source/built_ins/built_ins.cpp
>   Aborted (core dumped)
>   [grimes](134) $
>
> When I hand-built the newer gmmlib and IGC, however, clinfo once
> again works fine, and reflects the current version. I'm happy to
> prepare the necessary patches, but have never contributed to
> community before, and thought I ought post here first.

There is a known bug in gcc 10.1 that prevents us from updating igc. The
bug is already fixed in gcc git master, and the fix is marked to be
included in gcc 10.2, which in turn most likely will be released in late
july or august if we consider the historical gcc release schedule.

For the time being, if you really need updated versions of gmmlib and
igc, you can try to use intel-gmmlib-git and intel-graphics-compiler-bin
from the AUR.

--
Best regards,
Daniel Bermond