[aur-general] Pushing rc version of package to aur

alad alad at archlinux.org
Sun Aug 1 13:31:07 UTC 2021

On Sat, 31 Jul 2021 14:10:19 +0200
Jan Kohnert via aur-general <aur-general at lists.archlinux.org> wrote:

> Hi,
> Am Freitag, 30. Juli 2021, 23:12:01 CEST schrieb Vince via aur-general:
> > disallowed to put release candidates into a stable package. Exceptions can
> > be read on the wiki [1].
>
> [....]
>
> > [1]
> > https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Arch_package_guidelines#Package_versioning
>
> Thanks for posting the link. I was uite sure having read this somewhere but
> couldn't find it anymore (I have been on the wrong wiki page).

Not even packages in the official repository follow this rule - sometimes even pulling from git master - so there's nothing that strictly prevents you from packaging an RC on AUR.

And doing so because the old release can't be built without heavy patching sounds like a good reason (even the rule above covers that case).

Alad

--
alad <alad at archlinux.org>