[aur-general] Status of Garuda Linux PKGBUILD on AUR?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed May 12 16:45:34 UTC 2021

On Wed, 12 May 2021 12:07:49 +0200, fredbezies via aur-general wrote:
>I saw that packages meant for Manjaro or another archlinux based
>distro - not ArchLinux itself - were removed.

Were they removed because they were Manjaro related or for some other
reason?

What kind of packages are permitted on the AUR?

The packages on the AUR are merely "build scripts", i.e. recipes to
build binaries for pacman. For most cases, everything is permitted,
subject to usefulness and scope guidelines, as long as you are in
compliance with the licensing terms of the content. For other cases,
where it is mentioned that "you may not link" to downloads, i.e.
contents that are not redistributable, you may only use the file name
itself as the source. This means and requires that users already have
the restricted source in the build directory prior to building the
package. When in doubt, ask." -
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Arch_User_Repository#FAQ

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/AUR_submission_guidelines#Rules_of_submission

Btw. https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/apt/