[aur-general] Status of Garuda Linux PKGBUILD on AUR?

fredbezies fredbezies at gmail.com
Wed May 12 17:04:46 UTC 2021

Le mer. 12 mai 2021 à 18:45, Ralf Mardorf via aur-general
<aur-general at lists.archlinux.org> a écrit :

> On Wed, 12 May 2021 12:07:49 +0200, fredbezies via aur-general wrote:
> >I saw that packages meant for Manjaro or another archlinux based
> >distro - not ArchLinux itself - were removed.
>
> Were they removed because they were Manjaro related or for some other
> reason?

As far as I remember, they were Manjaro related, like mhwd (Manjaro
Hardware Detection) tools or something like this.

> What kind of packages are permitted on the AUR?
>
> The packages on the AUR are merely "build scripts", i.e. recipes to
> build binaries for pacman. For most cases, everything is permitted,
> subject to usefulness and scope guidelines, as long as you are in
> compliance with the licensing terms of the content. For other cases,
> where it is mentioned that "you may not link" to downloads, i.e.
> contents that are not redistributable, you may only use the file name
> itself as the source. This means and requires that users already have
> the restricted source in the build directory prior to building the
> package. When in doubt, ask." -
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Arch_User_Repository#FAQ

Well, I'm not sure what to think about them. Some are forks for
manjaro tools (like mhwd). So are they "legal" on AUR?

Some days ago, chaotic keyring - repository of Garuda Linux - was
removed. So, these packages could be remove too.

> https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/AUR_submission_guidelines#Rules_of_submission
>
> Btw. https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/apt/

I'm just asking what trusted users think about these packages. Nothing
less, nothing more.

--
Frederic Bezies
fredbezies at gmail.com