[aur-general] Status of Garuda Linux PKGBUILD on AUR?

alad alad at archlinux.org
Wed May 12 17:11:07 UTC 2021

On 12/05/2021 12:07, fredbezies via aur-general wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I saw that packages meant for Manjaro or another archlinux based
> distro - not ArchLinux itself - were removed.
>
> Garuda Linux project - https://garudalinux.org/ - put on AUR at least
> 7 packages for its distribution.
>
> See https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?O=0&K=garuda
>
> Are these PKGBUILDs allowed or not?
>
> Thanks for your answer.

It depends on the kind of packages. If it's some theme or visual effects
that can be used on Arch, it's probably fine. If it's a
distribution-specific tool that only work on Manjaro/Garuda/etc. or have
no relation to Arch, they have no place on AUR.

Going over the linked packages, they all fall in the latter category.

Alad