[aur-general] Notification of GPL violation

Miguel Revilla Rodríguez yo at miguelrevilla.com
Mon May 24 07:11:19 UTC 2021

El dom, 23 may 2021 a las 17:12, Manhong Dai via aur-general (<
aur-general at lists.archlinux.org>) escribió:

> I would fully agree with you if the patch file doesn't include any original
> source code.

Then we only have to start using xdelta instead of diff to create the
patches and we will be fine, as the deltas don't contain any of the
original code, but only instructions on how to convert it to the new one.
It is not human readable, git won't like it as much as it likes plain text
files, and won't work with line offsets, but it will fully comply with the
license.

Best

Miguel