[aur-general] Why were my packages gtkwrite, gtkwrite-git, and gtkate deleted from AUR?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 22:57:27 UTC 2021

On 9/13/21 11:34 AM, zoorat via aur-general wrote:
> Hi David,
> I'm zoorat.
> I'm the guy who sent deletion requests to "gtkwrite" and "gtkwrite-git". no clue about "gtkate" tho.
> The reason for deletion are
> 1. Missing dependency (gtksourceview2)
> with that broken dependency, you can't build any of those packages. and I tried by removing the dependency but build will fail.
> 2.Last Updated: 2019-02-21 00:53. or Last Updated: 2019-02-26 10:41.
> It's been more than 2 years...
>
> If you think I made a mistake please let me know.
> If you need those packages clone "https://aur.archlinux.org/gtkwrite-git" and "https://aur.archlinux.org/gtkwrite".

Well,

  That makes sense. gtk_sourceview2 is still installed on my system that I
build on, but I hadn't tried building again. I need to move to gtk_sourcview3
anyway. At least I have a reason. I was quite disappointed at the removal, but
did not have any idea that Arch dropped gtk_sourcview2. I guess gtk is dying
anyway, the css styling with gtk+3 on is a show-stopper.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.