[aur-requests] [PRQ#4261] Deletion Request for slack-desktop

Doug Newgard scimmia at archlinux.info
Fri Oct 30 15:37:04 UTC 2015

On Fri, 30 Oct 2015 16:12:26 +0100
Óscar García Amor <ogarcia at moire.org> wrote:

> > Sorry, but none of that is important.
> >
> > 1. No, it's not. Just because it's the desktop version of the program doesn't
> > make that the name of the app.
>
> Sorry, I misspelled. Not the name of app, the package name. If in
> Debian/Ubuntu the package name is slack-desktop I think (IMHO) that in
> Arch the name must be the same.

I disagree. It's called Slack for Fedora [1], Windows [2], MacOSX[3], iOS[4],
Android[5], and Windows Phone[6]. Just because they renamed it for Debian to
avoid a name collision does not make it the canonical name. Even if it were the
case, that doesn't change the fact that it's a duplicate.

> > 2. [..] If there's a problem, notify the
> > maintainer to fix it.
>
> Sorry for that but I write all PKGBUILD from scratch. Is true that
> there are similar commands. A find or tar is a find or tar. I not have
> problems with mentions and I push a new pkgbuid with it.

The exact same command, with the exact same syntax, in the exact same order,
with the exact same spacing. Whatever.

[1] https://slack-ssb-updates.global.ssl.fastly.net/linux_releases/slack-1.2.5-0.1.fc21.x86_64.rpm
[2] https://slack-ssb-updates.global.ssl.fastly.net/releases_x64/SlackSetup.msi
[3] https://itunes.apple.com/app/slack/id803453959?ls=1&mt=12