[aur-requests] [PRQ#6009] Orphan Request for dpkg

Doug Newgard scimmia at archlinux.info
Sun Jul 17 16:26:10 UTC 2016

On Sun, 17 Jul 2016 12:17:40 -0400
Ido Rosen <ido at kernel.org> wrote:

> I was maintaining it - it was following Debian stable (8/jessie currently),
> not unstable (sid), as I explained in the previous email to aur-requests.
>  bertptrs is free to create his own package, and call it dpkg-unstable for
> example, if he wants the unstable version.
>
> Are you going to follow your own policies about notifying maintainers and
> giving them a chance to respond going forward?

As far as I can tell, you've been maintaining nothing. You put things up on
github then tell people to submit pull requests if they want even an update.
That's not maintaining a package, that's you simply wanting control.

As I already said in another reply, the problem is that the package was marked
out of date for over 7 months. In those cases, the package is simply orphaned
automatically, as it's obvious the maintainer isn't doing anything. The git log
verifies this.

1.18.9 is the latest upstream stable release of dpkg. Upstream stable release
always go into Debian Unstable, that's why Debian's "Stable" releases are
always so far out of date.