[aur-requests] [PRQ#10039] Deletion Request for visual-studio-code

Earnestly zibeon at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 18 20:23:45 UTC 2017

> I wish this was opened as a comment first, instead of a deletion
> request.

I'm not sure why or how a comment would help. There was already a
pinned message stating that it wasn't called -bin for "historical
reasons".

> As I've mentioned in the pinned comment, this package doesn't have a
> -bin suffix for historical reasons.

It doesn't really matter what the reasons were, a -bin package is a
-bin package regardless of whether or not upstream decides to release
the source or not. In fact, calling it -bin correctly initially would
have prevented all of the subsequent issues you delcare.

> Nevertheless, I've pushed a new package with the -bin suffix [2].

Good job.

Let's hope the open source package will adopt the appropriate name
instead of having to hack around a packager who claimed it instead of
properly using a -bin suffix to denote the package type in the first
place.