[aur-requests] [PRQ#7438] Request Rejected

John D Jones III unixgeek1972 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 19:04:05 UTC 2017

> firefox-developer was uploaded I guess when Mozilla stopped officially
> calling it "aurora"? So their respective maintainers should figure it
> out between them, while we spectators assume good faith.

Well, as far as I know, the Firefox Developer package differs for
vanilla Aurora in that it includes a number of tools for Web Development
that may not be available with Aurora Builds
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/developer/ for reference, well,
actually I stand corrected, it seems they've shifted the Aurora channel
to only support Android builds, though it might still be possible to run
it on a Desktop? I'm not sure, I never used the Aurora build. I took
over Firefox Developer when I discovered it's existence. I took the AUR
v3 PKGBUILD and updated it and uploaded it to AUR v4. I presume that
means that it was an orphaned pkg on the v3 AUR, so how that came to be
initially vs Aurora, I don't actually know. I do attempt to update the
versions within a few days of it being marked out of date or a comment
comes in, though life happens and sometimes it takes an extra day or two
for me to get around to it. Anyways, all that said, when I get off work,
I'll first, update it to the latest version, then look into making it a
bit more capable of checking it's own sha512 sums similar to the
nightly-fr pkgbuild after that.

I appreciate all the feedback about my pkgbuild, it helps me to feel
like I really am making a contribution, albeit small, to the Open Source
and Arch Linux communities.

--
Thanks,
John D Jones III