[aur-requests] [PRQ#16538] Orphan Request for mp3tag
mario at finel.li
Tue Nov 5 12:55:04 UTC 2019
I'm currently traveling out of country with limited access to an arch box which is why I have been unable to respond/update until now. Your github commit changes too much stuff and in an incorrect way.
1. You changed the exe file everywhere (adding an 'a') instead of updating the version to match upstream's 2.99a which would then propagate everywhere. Your assertion that it was pointing to an invalid html file is not correct (though upstream does redirect these links when they release new versions which is unfortunate)
2. Your change for the mp3tag launcher and WINEPATH are good, I've pulled those.
3. I'm not sure what you're trying to do with the gitignore change but it's almost certainly wrong. It works now as a whitelist (instead of the normal blacklist-style) where it ignores _everything_ and then allows itself, the PKGBUILD, .SRCINFO, and other necessary files. You've actually told it to _start_ committing built .tar.gz files (the only reason this didn't actually cause you to commit the built package is because the extension of built packages is tar.xz not tar.gz).
Anyway, reasons 1 and 3 are why I decided not to take action on your request to become co-maintainer. However, I'll accept whatever decision that a TU hands down.
On Tue, Nov 5, 2019, at 06:08, notify at aur.archlinux.org wrote:
> mattconway1984  filed a orphan request for mp3tag :
> I tried to contact the maintainer of this package to be added as a co-
> maintainer, but got no response. I also suggested a fix to make the
> package work but no action has been taken. Several other users have
> noted the package isn't working and now another user suggests another
> (not so nice) alternative to using this package.
> I would like to become maintainer for this package to be able to push
> my fixes (which exist in a GitHub clone).
>  https://aur.archlinux.org/account/mattconway1984/
>  https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/mp3tag/
More information about the aur-requests