[pacman-dev] Time for changes

Roman Kyrylych roman.kyrylych at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 05:13:02 EDT 2006

Hi!

I'm not a lawyer, nor I'm strong in interpreting GPL terms, but "one
copyright holder - many authors" is common thing in many projects. For
example in every source file of SDL (except in those that are just
included from other projects) there are the following lines:
    SDL - Simple DirectMedia Layer
    Copyright (C) 1997-2006 Sam Lantinga
And it doesn't matter that some file didn't exist in 1997, and that
most of audio code was (and continues to be) written by Ryan Gordon.
There are also other contributors, i.e. maintainers of ports for other
platforms.
But there is a file named CREDITS, where _all_ contributions and their
authors are listed, with many thanks to them.
And this is just fine, because in other way there wolud be 10-20 lines
of copyright info in many files.

As for generating any copyrights info from CVS - then you forget about
those who has no acces to CVS but contributed some patches.

--
Roman Kyrylych (Роман Кирилич)