[pacman-dev] What about managing optional dependencies?

Alessio 'mOLOk' Bolognino themolok.ml at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 19:18:48 EDT 2006

On 00:05 Fri 13 Oct     , Christian Hamar wrote:
> [...]
> You think something like debian did no ?
>
> There is some "suggested packages" and such foos as i see in newer
> versions. Those are not installed by default just printed out into
> screen. And then user knows that some pack maybe can use those
> 'suggested' packages.
>
> But i dont realize too much package which this feature will be usefull.
> Only few. :(

I saw that debian does a massive use of optional packages, and the
description and so is very very (add more "very" here) verbose.
I was only thinking at something to replace the messages in .installs
I like very much Roman's scheme; anyway...it's just a minor detail,
obviously devs have something more important to do now.

--
Alessio 'mOLOk' Bolognino