[pacman-dev] Can the update of a package induce the update of its inverse-depends?

ngaba at petra.hos.u-szeged.hu ngaba at petra.hos.u-szeged.hu
Fri Jul 6 15:04:52 EDT 2007

> But again, users should be in the
> habit of upgrading their entire system.
OK, of course, but I can imagine some specific "no net" or "low
bandwidth" situations, where -S can be reasonable. Anyway, I think that
pacman should be able to avoid all possible package/database
inconsistencies (except if -d -or -f ... is used).
At least a new option would be nice for this.
Bye, ngaba