[pacman-dev] FS#7525: Permissions of .pacnew files

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 13:55:35 EDT 2007

On Sun, Jul 08, 2007 at 06:37:39PM +0100, Andrew Fyfe wrote:

> I've been thinking of another solution, include some more information in
> .FILELIST eg:
>
> # directory name
> d usr
> d usr/bin
> # file name checksum
> f usr/bin/foo md5sum
> # link name target
> l usr/bin/bar foo
>
> This way we can get the md5sum from the file list rather than having to
> extract the file to get it's md5sum.
>
> Andrew

Oh actually, I had the same idea (for the md5sum part),
after reading what Baptiste said there :
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/7485#comment17453
that .FILELIST could be extended.
Since that md5sum computation was annoying me, I thought
it would be nicer if it was directly in .FILELIST.
Maybe that looked like a silly idea, so I never talked about it :)