[pacman-dev] permission/location for var/abs and cache/src

Travis Willard travisw at wmpub.ca
Wed Mar 7 21:56:20 EST 2007

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 19:32:40 -0600
"Aaron Griffin" <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't understand this really - the commented value is the default
> value for the setting.  This is fairly common (see, for instance,
> xine's config file).  If you want it changed, you uncomment it and
> change it.

Now here's something I never knew, and just found out poking around
inside makepkg itself - it supports per-user configs.

Make changes in ~/.makepkg.conf and bam - individual configuration.
Slick.

I was just about to comment how xine and other similar apps have
per-user config, but I figured I'd look to make sure I wasn't talking
out my ass when I was going to say makepkg didn't support that
- good thing I checked. XD

--
Travis