[pacman-dev] [patch] testdb, reworked

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 08:00:15 EDT 2007

On 10/9/07, Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/9/07, Nagy Gabor <ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu> wrote:
> > Hi!
> > I had to rewrite the patch, because I found a new bug in testdb.c:
> > Using alpm_list_msort broke requiredby lists in pkgcache (you can test this by
> > duplicating the requiredby-test code), so I fixed this, too.
> > Patch attached, bye.
>
> Great! Thanks a lot for the patch - this looks good to me.
>
> My only qualm is that we've set the precedent of using _alpm_* for
> internal functions, so check_conflict should probably use the same
> prefix.
>
> Dan?

Um, bigger problems here.

1. We are including a private header outside of the library, a big
no-no. Can't use conflict.h outside of the libalpm directory.
2. We are using _alpm_str_cmp publicly (edit: I see now that it is
defined in testdb.c. What was I thinking when I let that slip by? We
shouldn't use the _alpm prefix anywhere. outside of the library, just
a copy paste issue though.)
3. If we need check conflict to be public, it needs to be declared in
alpm.h and have an alpm_ prefix. Aaron- not sure why you thought it
should be private...it was static before. This is two jumps in
visibility.
4. FREELIST? libalpm private function.

Sorry to burst anyone's hopes here, but this patch just isn't
acceptable right now.