[pacman-dev] Splitting packages with makepkg

Henning Garus henning.garus at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 14 16:35:26 EDT 2008

Am Thu, 14 Aug 2008 22:04:36 +0200
schrieb Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com>:

> That is important indeed and I never thought about it. But finally it
> looks fine.
> You have the main depends array that is used for the build() function,
> which is checked before building the package. So there, you put all
> dependencies required for building.
> And then, each package is free to override it, probably for only
> having a subset of the original depends array.

Maybe I'm thinking too much :P . A packager who even considers to build
split packages should be able to understand something simple like:
Define all your depends outside the functions, override if needed.
So documenting it could be sufficient.
It just seems a little bit "dirty". However, as long as I can't come
up with a better solution...