[pacman-dev] GPG work

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 09:18:15 EST 2008

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 6:23 AM, Gerhard Brauer <gerbra at archlinux.de> wrote:
> As far as i see we have a very good start shortly after the discussion
> about "signing". Now a stagnation. I'm aware that the pacman developers
> are also short in time. Should maybe the git head from Dan's repo
> (newgpg) posted on arch public-devel or arch-general so that C
> programmer could have look?

Simple fact- there is no one that is both interested AND can program in C.

If I attached a $500 bounty, we might get results. Until then, we just
don't have enough people in the community actually interested in
working on pacman- just those that ask for new features. This code has
been posted on every single mailing list, every developer has seen it,
etc. and yet we still have no one else working on it. I can't quit my
day job.