[pacman-dev] Thoughts of a 3.1.2 release

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 21:38:56 EST 2008

Seriously guys? No replies?

On Feb 5, 2008 8:40 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> Here is the current git shortlog since the last release:
> Given this list of changes, I think it would be prudent to think about
> a 3.1.2 release soon, although it is not something we need to rush out
> as there is nothing pressing like the provides logic prior to 3.1.1.
>
> Here are some issues I think we should address before prepping for release:
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/9362 - Any opinions here? Put them in
> the bug report.
I'm leaning towards "Won't fix" here.

> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/9242 - Still not completely sure if
> this is easily solvable
Not sure here. Doesn't seem like a release blocker though.

> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/9230 - Deals with makepkg/versionpkg
> stuff, should be an easy fix
Fixed and checked in.

FS#9235 was also fixed as well tonight- thanks Xavier.

> Please add any (constructive) comments you may have, and quote the
> relevant parts of this email. *Please* keep it limited to things that
> would make it into 3.1.2- if it is clearly something that can't fit in
> a maint release, I won't even bother responding.
>
> A second email will follow this one with some things that Xavier has
> brought up he thinks need addressing. Some of these are relevant for
> 3.1.2, others may be a bit further in the future.

Above comments still apply here. Please get all things under
consideration for 3.1.2 into this thread.

String freeze is coming soon, so be ready translators. Feel free to
get a head start as well. Hopefully Giovanni can manage this for me
once again once we are ready. :)