[pacman-dev] Thoughts of a 3.1.2 release

Allan McRae mcrae_allan at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 7 23:53:57 EST 2008

Dan McGee wrote:

>> Here are some issues I think we should address before prepping for release:
>> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/9362 - Any opinions here? Put them in
>> the bug report.
>>
> I'm leaning towards "Won't fix" here.
>

>> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/9242 - Still not completely sure if
>> this is easily solvable
>>
> Not sure here. Doesn't seem like a release blocker though.

I think these are really the same issue.  makepkg extracts files with
the system umask, which if not sane can cause problems if file are then
installed poorly.  I've added a comment in FS#9242 showing that I think
the opera install.sh uses "cp" to install files.

The only justification I can think of to fix this is if for some reason
extracting with such permissions causes a package not to actually build.
Then we should probably set the umask earlier. Can this happen other
than with a really stupid umask?  Otherwise, a check of the current
umask could be added and a warning printed if not 0022.

Allan