[pacman-dev] Please make the colourised output exactly like that of "pacman-color"

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Tue May 28 00:01:02 EDT 2013

On 28/05/13 13:24, Xavion wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I finally garnered the willpower to get off my arse and do something about
> this.  I've attached a patch that adds colourised output to the information
> commands.  I've tried hard to ensure that the style and location of my code
> is suitable.
>
> As you can tell from the attached screenshot, these colours surpass those
> of "pacman-color".  Once you've accepted my changes, I'll start adding to
> the colourisation of the upgrade commands.  In the meantime, let me know if
> you want me to be doing something differently.

Thanks for the patch.  Two quick comments:

1) please send patches inline (via "git send-email" is best) as it
allows up to comment on the more easily.

2) There is a bunch of patches waiting for me to look at in more detail
(see [1-3]) which alter this area of the code to keep the output nicely
aligned, even with translations.  This patch will need rebased on top of
those at some stage.  So I suggest waiting on those to be merged
(hopefully soon...)

[1] https://patchwork.archlinux.org/patch/1131/
[2] https://patchwork.archlinux.org/patch/1132/
[3] https://patchwork.archlinux.org/patch/1133/