[pacman-dev] pacman-disowned

Jeremy Heiner scalaprotractor at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 20:53:34 EDT 2013

Hi, Allan,

You correctly surmised the purpose of the script. Sorry for not being
more explicit about that. I agree that a package manager bears no
responsibility for files it does not track. But I also think it is
very helpful to be able to easily tell exactly which files are being
dealt with by the package manager and which files got onto the system
by other means. And the package manager is the only thing that is able
to provide that information.

What I'm thinking of is an enhanced "-Qkk". It would provide the same
info (in a more compact form) for managed files, but it would also let
you know about any unmanaged files it finds within the directories it
is responsible for. Does that make a little more sense?

Jeremy