[arch-general] Some synaptics multitouch functionality lost on upgrade

Scott Lawrence bytbox at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 15:44:08 EDT 2012

On Thu, 15 Mar 2012, Jesse Juhani Jaara wrote:

> to, 2012-03-15 kello 14:58 -0400, Scott Lawrence kirjoitti:
>> I've lost the ability to right click by
>> clicking with two fingers. Interestingly, I can still right-click by /tapping/
>> with two fingers,
>
> There has been some changes on the clickpad stuff, it got rewritten
> entirely. And so the default settings have and stuff has changed too. If
> I'm not mistaken the whole trackpad is considered a track area now and
> to do 2nd mouse button click, you need to have one stationary finger on
> the pad and then click the physical button with another finger or tap
> with 2 fingers. Midle mousebutton would be 2 stationary finger + 3rd one
> pressing button or 3 finger tap. ^_^

Hmm... now I'm confused. Since I don't have a separate button, I put one
finger on, then a second, then press, and it treats it as "left click".
(There's no separate physical button.) How is that different from what you
describe? (Sorry if I'm being particularly dense. Maybe I should just build an
old version from source.)

--
Scott Lawrence

Linux jagadai 3.2.9-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Mar 1 09:31:13 CET 2012 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8700 @ 2.53GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux