[arch-general] Troubleshooting suspend

Scott Lawrence bytbox at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 22:10:18 EDT 2012

I'm trying to get suspend (with pm-utils) working on a MacbookPro5,4, and
everytime I try to resume (after suspend-to-ram), I just get a black screen,
with nothing working (typing the keys which should shut down doesn't shut
down, so I assume everything's pretty much dead). The fan is on though, so
it's not just shut down. After rebooting, I find that nothing was written to
the log file after a message saying that suspend was succesfull.

Any tips on how to troubleshoot this? I've tried everything that looks
relevant on the wiki, but nothing fixed it, or even got it to the point of
printing to logs.

--
Scott Lawrence

Linux jagadai 3.2.12-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Mar 19 17:50:01 CET 2012 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8700 @ 2.53GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux